Saturday 3 May 2014

Jodie Wiens Crocker: 10:17


Jodie Weins Crocker:

Hi, my name is Jodie. I’m also one of Carlin’s grandkids. My grandpa was one of the most caring persons I have ever known. He took a genuine interest in the lives of everyone he met, and never failed to ask us grandkids about school, relationships, jobs, our faith, and whatever was going on in our lives at the time.

I speak on behalf of my siblings when I say that he was always willing to put aside his own plans to bring family closer together. If one of us hinted at wanting to take a road trip to California to see the cousins, it happened within months. Grandpa would get behind the wheel however long it took to reach family all over the US. Just three years ago, as AJ mentioned, he took us to Thailand to visit several missionaries. This trip was a highlight for all of us when we look back at our times with Grandpa. He adopted our friends Jen and Chris as his own, and it was obvious that grandpa was an encouraging presence for every missionary we visited.
While working in the office at Northview Church in Abbotsford, these past few weeks I’ve had many people find out that Carlin was my grandfather. When they do, their faces light up as they begin to tell stories about the wonderful way he impacted their lives. It’s an honor to be one of the Weinhauer family members, thanks to my grandpa’s faithful service and friendships. Even in the last few days of his life, he was giving great life advice for us, things I know we will live by and pass on to our own children. Grandpa was so full of life for 74 years, I can’t imagine the kind of welcoming he had when he went home to be with his Lord for eternity. We will never forget his wise words, bellowing laugh, and we look forward to seeing him again. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment