Friday 10 April 2015

Words in the margins

Hi Marcia,
I wrote this email last week, but I wasn't sure if I should send it. I have to honestly say that I do not have a lot of experience walking along side someone who is in deep mourning. You want to be helpful and encouraging, but it is not always clear what you should or should not do or say. So, I have decided to share the email with you in the hope that it will be helpful. We love you deeply.
J.P.

       D
ear Marcia,
I am often deeply touched and inspired by the words underlined and written by Carlin in the margins of Charles Spurgeon's devotional book. There are reflections of his thoughts and indications of what captured his attention among the many ideas shared.
On April 10th, I see prophetic words, perhaps the last Carlin wrote in the book. These words are a beautiful promise from Jesus and speak of a loving Lord who walks with us. I know that these words must be deeply treasured as they speak of faithful assurance. The Lord's promises are true and they are full of blessing for those who love Him. I know that one day, each of us will have a chance to walk away with Him. Oh what a glorious day that will be. Our Father in heaven is full of loving-kindness, mercy and grace.
2 Corinthians 1:3 tells us that blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our afflictions, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. Your story about meeting the woman at the garage is such a beautiful testimony to this truth.
I pray that we will be able to serve in the fullness of all that we experience in life, both in joy and suffering, and that we will be able to bring Him glory in all that we do.
For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the whole earth to strengthen the hearts of those who are fully committed to Him. (2 Chronicles 16:9)
May the Lord bless you and keep you and turn His face towards you and give you peace.
Love,
J.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment