Sunday 20 April 2014

A Father's Heart

My heart is heavy as I write, but yet full of joy knowing that Pastor Carlin has finished the race with grace. I remember that big smile he always had on his face and his eyes full of fatherly love and care for this naive, yet ambitious prairie girl. One of my favourite memories of him was the Sunday I joined the church and I was called up to the pulpit to say a few words. As I approached the pulpit, Carlin put his arm around my shoulder and with that huge smile on his face said, "Suseh, stand up!" Well, what little of my face could be seen from behind that pulpit turned as red as I could possibly go. I couldn't remember what I was going to say so I just stared at him incredulously. He laughed a deep belly laugh and prompted me to speak. I knew then and there that he would have a huge impact on my life.
 
Marcia, you are an amazing, strong woman of God. I remember watching you watching Carlin while he would preach and thinking to myself - "she is one of the best examples of a Godly woman I have ever met." Thank you for your beautiful, honest words. May the Holy Spirit be your Comforter and Strength in the days and weeks ahead.
Suseh Nievares

No comments:

Post a Comment