Saturday 26 April 2014

The Valley of the Shadow of Death

Good morning friends:
The following is so true, "yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me, Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. . ." 
Carlin, at one point referring to this passage, said "we need not fear death, because it is merely a passing through a shadow.  It is a step through the shadow, into God's great Heaven."
I've often thought about the valley part.  And I think of valleys, again, as those difficult things in our lives, illnesses, hardships.  But you don't stay in valleys, you walk through them. 
This time with Carlin so obviously gone, is a major valley for our family.  But I praise the Lord for His comforts.  How wonderfully He has used you and your words to comfort us.  I praise the Lord that He is the great Comforter, and He is so obviously here with us.
I find myself using the word "we" a lot, suddenly realizing that now that word is inappropriate.   Little stuff like that catches me.  
It's a bit like the time Carlin drove up to the border crossing near here, where the official asked him where he was going.  Carlin replied, "We're going down to the cottage in Birch Bay."  The official said, "Aw, and who is 'we'?  I only see one of you!"
I'm finding it difficult to process that Carlin is gone.
One of my comforts today is in this little poem:
Both Thine arms are clasped around me,
And my head is on Thy breast;
And my weary soul hath found Thee
Such a perfect, perfect rest!
Blessed Jesus!
Now I know that I am blessed.
Oh, how His presence comforts me!  "For Thou art with me. . ."
Love to you!  Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment