Tuesday 22 April 2014

Carlin's Profound Words

Hi Marcia,
 
I am saddened to hear of Carlin's passing. My heartfelt condolence to you, Marcia, and your family.
 
For years I attended Willingdon Church mainly for Carlin's sermons. I received so much and I wanted to let him know that. One day, on the spur of the moment, I just decided to visit him in his office. Without an appointment nor knowing if even he'd be in I showed up. He greeted me, the total stranger, graciously and warmly. He asked what he could do for me and I said I just came to tell him how much I valued and enjoyed his sermons.
 
But I had a question: The Willingdon congregation, large as it is, must be like running a city. There would be lots of issues to be dealt with - it must be tough. "How do you deal with all that"
 
To which he replied: "I do what I can. The rest I leave in God's hands. I sleep real good"
 
I will never forget!
Fred Kortsch

No comments:

Post a Comment